The pandemic has dominated almost all topics over the past year – including employment law. Despite this, there have been significant labor and employment developments over the past 18 months.
Our presentation will cover some current COVID-related changes in addition to other areas, such as recent court cases and the changing landscape under a new federal administration. Some topics covered include:
• Current state COVID workplace safety standards and related laws
• Vaccine policies and vaccine status inquiries
• Revised independent contractor standards under the state ABC rules and federal DOL regulations
• New leave requirements including expanding family medical leave to businesses with 5 or more employees
• Wage and hour law changes
• Mandated reporter status for human resources and supervisors
• A changing NLRB and its effect on handbooks and workplace policies
• Tracking meal and rest periods
… and various other developments from 2020 to 2021.
As always, we will have time for questions – come ready to talk. We look forward to seeing you again in person!