Labor Law Seminar of 2021!
Topic: 2021 Mid-Year Employment Law Update
Tuesday, July 13th / 8:30am-11am
Hampton Inn – 945 Hartle Court, Napa
The pandemic has dominated almost all topics over the past year – including employment law. Despite this, there have been significant labor and employment developments over the past 18 months.
Our presentation will cover some current COVID-related changes in addition to other areas, such as recent court cases and the changing landscape under a new federal administration. Some topics covered include:
- Current state COVID workplace safety standards and related laws
- Vaccine policies and vaccine status inquiries
- Revised independent contractor standards under the state ABC rules and federal DOL regulations
- New leave requirements including expanding family medical leave to businesses with 5 or more employees
- Wage and hour law changes
- Mandated reporter status for human resources and supervisors
- A changing NLRB and its effect on handbooks and workplace policies
- Tracking meal and rest periods
- … and various other developments from 2020 to 2021.
As always, we will have time for questions – come ready to talk. We look forward to seeing you again in person!