2022 brings a wide variety of new employment laws despite (and because of) COVID-19’s impact on our state.
As we move to a new phase of the pandemic, Napa Chamber of Commerce is excited to present an in-person update covering labor and employment developments affecting employers of all sizes.
Our presentation will cover new laws from the past year as well as recent court cases and administrative developments. Some topics include:
• COVID-19 exposure notification, workplace standards, and mandatory employee recall
• Mandatory vaccine policies and disability or religious accommodation
• Minimum wage and other wage-payment changes (and new criminal penalties)
• Leave requirements, including COVID-related Supplemental Paid Sick Leave and family medical leave
• State and federal limitation of employment arbitration agreements
• Changes to severance agreement rules
• Employee record retention and posting
• Massive new Cal-OSHA citation and enforcement tools
• Wildfire smoke protection
• Federal NLRB policies affecting non-union employers
We will cover these and other developments from 2021 through mid-2022.