128th Annual Awards - RECAP
128th Annual Meeting and Awards Luncheon
January 27, 2017 // Silverado Resort and Spa
Each year, Napa businesses and community leaders are recognized for business excellence and community impact at the Napa Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Meeting & Awards. Honoring a 128-year community tradition, the Annual Meeting & Awards provides a unique opportunity for the community to engage, connect and collaborate, acknowledging the collaborative hard work of Chamber staff, members, community leaders, stakeholders and local elected officials.
The 128th Annual Meeting & Awards was held on January 27, 2017, at the Silverado Resort and Spa. Award winners were announced via video footage filmed by Shutterbolt Film & Media, and were then welcomed to the stage by seasoned emcee, Tim Roye, also known as the "Voice of the Warriors." The awards were presented to the winners by several sponsors.
The sold out ballroom crowd included Congressman Mike Thompson, Senator Bill Dodd, County District Attorney Allison Haley; Board of Supervisors, Ryan Gregory, Alfredo Pedroza, Belia Ramos; and City of Napa Mayor Jill Techel. It marked the first time that all five city Mayors and Chamber executives were present at a Chamber event during the tenure of President/CEO Travis Stanley.
Official Award Winners and Sponsors:
- Ambassadors of the Year - Waunice Orchid and Mark Coleman
- Presented by the Napa Chamber of Commerce
- Customer Service Person of the Year - Toni Chiappetta, Sweetie Pies Bakery
- Member of the Year - Justin-Siena High School
- Presented by Napa Valley Transportation Authority
- Small Business of the Year - Alexis Baking Company
- Large Business of the Year - Redwood Credit Union
- Citizen of the Year - Johnny Miller, Silverado Resort and Spa
- Presented by Silverado Resort and Spa
Click to view our winners' acknowledgement videos above. Credit: Shutterbolt Film & Media, 2017
A Special Thank You to Our Program Sponsors:
- Bob McClenahan Photography
- Garaventa's Florist & Events
- Lito Auto Body
- Mechanics Bank
- Napa Valley Transportation Authority
- Napa Valley Wine Train
- Pacific Gas and Electric
- Shutterbolt Media
- Silverado Resort and Spa
Also a special thanks to the wineries who have graciously donated wines for our guests:
Click on the logos below to be taken to the winery's website.
NOMINATION/VOTING PROCESS: 2016’s award winners were selected and voted on by the public. Nominations were collected in December 2016. Finalists were then added to an online poll, created on Typeform.com, with the public given 3 weeks to vote. A record-setting 3,000 votes were cast for 2016’s honorees.
Click below to view the 128th Annual Awards album: